Wednesday, June 15, 2005

There's Comedy, Then there's dating in your mid-20s

So here's a fun story for you for today.

Two weekends ago, on a Saturday night, I was at the bar with a couple of the guys that I normally hang out with. Actually, it was a couple of different bars, but who's counting. Anyway, there was this girl that was at both bars, we talked at both places, and exchanged numbers. She's a little bit young, but she was relatively interesting, and I figured, why not, you never know.

We played phone tag a couple of times over the last week, and even had plans to go out on Sunday. This is where the fun happens. We exchange text messages and calls on Sunday. The last time I talked to her on Sunday she asked if we could reschedule. Since I wanted to go play basketball and hop in the pool that night, I gladly rescheduled with her, she even claimed to feel bad, and said that we definitely would get together on Tuesday. This was after she apoogzied for backing out. Of course Tuesday was yesterday. This is the fun part.

I sent her a text, asking what time she wanted to meet up.
I get one back from her about 20 minutes ago that says:

"I'll feel bad if I don't call him back."

What? Now obviously, this wasn't intended for me. It may have been about me, but definitely not me.

This was my response text: "You'll feel bad if you don't call who back?"
Her text: "What?"
Me: "You sent me a text that said 'I'll feel bad if I don't call him back', I'm guessing you meant to send that to your friend, not me, guess you hit the wrong key on your phone. Later.

I didn't get a response after that...not sure why.... (sarcasm)

So I took what I probably would have spent on going to a movie and drinks, bought a bottle of Captain, and chilled out on my porch and listened to the Tribe game. It was a much better night, I can see Mr. and Mrs. Smith anytime.

Fortunately, I was only going to go to fulfill the committment, I didn't really have much interest in this girl anyways, so I guess it worked out for everyone.

7 comments:

LoneStarCupcake said...

eesh, doesn't sound like a very bright girl anyway.

Anonymous said...

I was about to agree and call her an idiot, and then remembered in college I wrote an e-mail to a friend all about a guy -- and then I accidentally sent it to him. not my finest moment.

Gordon said...

Surly: Yeah, she wasn't bright, that's why I wasn't really that enthused about the date, or upset about the cancellation

Diane: Of course she sucked, I was involved, wasn't I?

Sharda: Nice. Real nice.

bevy said...

That's like modern day version of Seinfeld.

Gordon said...

A screening process? You mean besides beer and jagerbombs? Tell me more Sarah, how would this work? Wouldn't I need to hire screeners or something?

Anonymous said...

Maybe you can start by picking up chicks at different bars (somewhere other than the LVT!) Just a thought :)

Gordon said...

Diane: Point taken. That doesn't mean that the LVT is any worse as a drinking establishment though...just remember that....