Friday, June 24, 2005

Much Better....

Just for the record, I've learned how easy it is for a calzone from Tomaydo Tomahto to make my whole day go so much better. Also, it's absolutely beautiful outside, but really hot. However, to get that one hour reprieve from the claustrophobic office, I'll take a little bit of sweating around the unmentionables. Hopefully, it stays this night out so that I can enjoy it with a cocktail or three.

Also, I saw some of the quotes that made the AFI Top 100 List, and I have to say, that I was in a certain sense a bit disappointed. Granted, I'm not the most artsy person in the world, but there weren't a lot of funny movies quoted in there, and I know that the movies my friends and I quote the most often are comedies, not films made 30 years before I was born. True, I doubt that most of the people in charge of the AFI own Old School, Swingers, The Big Lebowski, or Van Wilder, but still......

Nevertheless, since I'm bored, I figured I'd post a few of my favorite quotes:

"She already left me once, I don't think she'd do it again just for kicks" George Clooney, Oceans 11

"Great idea Frank, one vagina for the rest of your life, congratulations" Vince Vaughn, Old School

"Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere" Ryan Reynolds, Van Wilder

"We got no jobs, we got no food, our pets heads are falling off!!" Jim Carrey, Dumb and Dumber

"I'm gonna make Gretzky's head bleed for super fan 99 over here" Vince Vaughn, Swingers

"Eight, Bob. So that means when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. My only real motivation is not to be hassled, that, and the fear of losing my job. But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired."
Ron Livingston, Office Space (tell me this isn't a definition of life for most of us)


So there, ingest, reflect, drink....2 hours till the weeknd...enjoy

No comments: