Friday, June 24, 2005

Annoying

Let me start today by stating that I am NOT a babysitter. However, we have some new people that just joined our department that happen to be sitting right behind me. Not only are they completely lost and interrupting me to ask questions a lot, a couple of them are also the loud, excited to be in a new department type. This does not sit well with me on a Friday morning, for, as we all know, I am an impatient and unkind person.

Having said that, I'm sporting a pretty good headache today. And no, it's not from behing hungover. This time. So anymore comments about my drinking, well, save them for Monday.

Also, I'm apologizing up front to the city of Columbus, most notably the bars and the reception hall where the wedding I'm going to will be. I'm sorry for being drunk, retarded, and beligerent this coming Saturday. Hey, sometimes there is redemption in apologizing up front.

I wish I had something more interesting to write about, but sadly, I'm lame.

Additionally, I'm helping a co-worker come up with songs to play at their wedding, you know stuff that's fun and will get people up and dancing. I could use some suggestions, since most of my musical tastes are not all fun, happy party music.

11 Days Until Las Vegas

8 comments:

LoneStarCupcake said...

even though my crowd is not a country crowd, "i've got friends in low places" really got the dance floor hopping. i was surprised.

Anonymous said...

American Girl - Tom Petty -Anonymous.

bevy said...

If you avoid the following, all should be ok:

-Electric Slide
-YMCA
-She's a brick house

I think that about covers it.

LoneStarCupcake said...

i think if you play the electric slide late enough (and of course, assuming there is a bar), it can be a hit - just don't make the mistake of playing it before the crowd is .. ah.. well lubricated.

Gordon said...

I will not be party to suggesting the Electric Slide, YMCA< the Macarena, Mambo #5 or any of that....seriously...

Sarah said...

Hey I wonder who wrote "American Girl" by Tom Petty.

Gordon said...

I don't wonder. At all...

Kara0303 said...

You should steer clear of the Chicken Dance, too. I mean, really, who wants to see grandma shakin' it like a kickin' chicken?

Will Smith songs are usually fun. Cheesy, but fun. Brown-eyed Girl is usually a crowd pleaser as is 8675309/Jenny.