Thursday, June 30, 2005

Change is Good, Allegedly.

On my drive into work today, I happened to be flipping around the radio, checking for traffic, sports and other things that matter, and managed to get an interesting piece of news on the radio.

We're being bought, sold, whatever you want to call it.

Now, I've always made it a policy that I don't talk about my work here on my blog, but this one affects myself, and everyone that I work with on a significant enough level that I feel like brining it up. They're talking about the fact that significant part of our workforce is going to be cut in the restructuring, and even though we've all assured ourselves that it won't affect us, there's no guarantees.


Needless to say, I may be joining the "looking for work" ranks sometime in the somewhat near future. It's not a position that I've been in in the last 4 years, so who knows.

I think the part that gets me a bit is the way I found out about it. Again, I heard it on the radio.

It's like if a baseball team decides to trade a player, or worse, move the whole franchise, and the player, or the whole team, doesn't find out until they hear about it on the news. It's kind of odd. Today's going to be a wierd day, so we'll see if I have anything else to post about. My brain is kind of going in a lot of different directions.

No comments: