Thursday, June 02, 2005

Hit Me Baby One More Time

Just a few thoughts before we talk about tonights impending episode of "Hit Me Baby One More Time"

-I reread my live blog of Chaotic from last night, and I can't say that I'm real happy with it. Granted, it was horribly bland last night, and I was really reaching for material.

- In the battle over Ben Affleck, right now, it's a 2-2 battle according to the comments on this post from yesterday, sorry Sarah and Diane, I'm with Lindsey and Kara, he's still a tool....

- I'm using this space to apologize to my doctor right now. I'm sorry, I've tried to do the low-fat snacky food thing, and they all taste like garbage...I can't do it, just give me a portable defibrilator next time I come in.

Okay---On to the good stuff-

Tonight, we get our first of three gaunteed installments of Hit Me Baby One More Time.

Tonights Stellar performers:

A Flock of Seagulls
Arrested Development
CeCe Peniston
Loverboy
Tiffany

Now, I promised some kind of a fantasy game based on the show, but with only 3 episodes set to air, I wonder what they are going to do with it. So as opposed to any detailed type scoring system, I'm offering a very simple solution:

Pick the act to get the most votes: 5 points.
Pick the act that scores the lowest(if they even show them) 5 points
Bonus Categories: (these are a little arbitrary)
Artist or Group who the years have been the worst to: 3 Points
Artist or Group who does the worst job with their cover song: 3 Points

My picks:
Most Votes: Arrested Development
Lowest Score: CeCe Peniston
Group that has aged the worst: Flock of Seagulls in a landslide
Worst Cover Song: Loverboy (for they have always sucked)

If you want to play, just tag along, it's purely for entertainment, and comedic, purposes

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steph: Whoa Gordo, even I gave up on the Brit-ster and we all know I was a huge fan. Your dedication to the show defies reasoning...

Most Votes: Tiffany!!!
Lowest Score: CeCe Peniston - who?
Group that has aged the worst: Arrested Development
Worst Cover Song: Flock

Anonymous said...

Most Votes: Tiffany
Least Votes: Flock
Group that aged: Loverboy
Worst cover: Arrested Development (they can only do weird songs)

Ben rules.

Anonymous said...

I like this game a lot.
Most votes: Flock of Seagulls
Least votes: CeCe Peniston (wanted to be different for the contest, but who are we kidding here)
Got old fast: Loverboy
Worst cover: Arrested Development (Diane makes a good point - damn you for beeting me to it.)

Kara0303 said...

How much fun!! I can't wait.

Most votes: Flock of Seagulls
Lowest: Arrested Development
Aged the worst: Loverboy
Worst cover song: CeCe Peniston