Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Miscellaneous

This is a couple of weeks old, but:

"You know what? I'm sure drug dealers on the street in some way, they're making money. That's what I equate it to. Here's the thing you have to understand with psychiatry. There is no science behind it. And to pretend that there is a science behind it is criminal."-- Tom Cruise on the evils of psychiatry

Tom. Please. Stop. Talking. Seriously. Accredited phsyicians and drug dealers are the same thing? Nice. Hopefully when Katie finally snaps out of whatever funk she's in and leaves him, and he has a complete breakdown, the shrink they send him to will remember this. I can only imagine how that conversation would go.


Tom: You know, doctor, I'm really feeling awful and depressed, and coming to grips with my age and potential homosexuality is really frigthening to me.

Doctor: Well, Tom, after the end of a relationship, even one that's a total farce, it's common to feel like that. I'd be more than happy to prescribe something to you, but since I'm nothing more than a drug dealer, I certainly don't think that would be appropriate. Here try this instead. (hands him a piece of paper)

Tom: What's this?

Doctor: Directions to the tallest building in town. Go up the the top floor, walk outside, and jump. Let Nature take it's course.

Okay, so that was bad, but I'm having a rough day. I got to work 20 minutes late b/c somebody flipped their car on the Valley View bridge and backed up traffic for oh, about 5 MILES. Apparently, on a straight strech of highway you can actually still flip your car over. In broad daylight. On a clear day. That figures...

13 Days until Las Vegas/18 Days until Las Vegas stories.

There. Now we can both be excited. And when I say both, I mean myself, and my four readers.

By the way, just a note, when you have questionable cholesterol, beware of the office food day. You know the ones where people bring in food and order out and stuff? Donuts, pizza, chips, soda? This is not a balanced diet. Fat kid is taking lunch and going for a walk.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that stupid car flipped right in front of me this morning and I was still twenty minutes late. and seriously, all police do when there is an accident is block traffic worse than it already is. god i hate 480 and all the people that drive on it - except us.

Gordon said...

How the hell did it flip? That's what I want to know

bevy said...

Oprah is re-airing the Tom Cruise interview tomorrow. I'll definitely be tuning in to see all the craziness.

Kara0303 said...

Reader #3 reporting for duty.
Sorry about the bad day. You know on bad days, office foods don't count towards cholesterol or calories, so you're good. Can't wait to hear LV stories!