Monday, May 02, 2005

Welcome Back....

Lessons learned this weekend:

1) If you jam a finger on your dominant/throwing hand during a flag football game, going bowling that same day is not an appropriate course of action to help make it feel better.
2) I'm really bad at that DVD game, Scene It.
3) Family Guy is still one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time.

What? No really, I banged my index finger on my right hand pretty bad in our game on Saturday, and it's still pretty sore today, thus making typing somewhat of a Physical Challenge. (Yes, that was a Double Dare reference, and yes, I'm old enough to remember that.)

The second item is pertty self explanatory. We played it this weekend as I group, I got a lot wrong, and am still an idiot.

Also, this weekend marked the return of the Griffin family to Fox. Spectacular. I, and way too many of my friends, have been waiting 4 years for the return of this show. Let's just put it this way....at the beginning, they opened with Peter telling the family that they had been canceled, and Lois asking why, and Peter telling them that they had to make room for quality shows like: Dark Angel, Titus, Andy Richter Controls the Universe etc., and actually naming off every show that Fox had put on that had been canceled since Family Guy had gone off the air previously. It was literally 40 shows I think. Priceless.

In actual peronsal news, I spoke with the girl from who's phone the threatening message was left on my voice mail on Saturday night. She called Sunday morning and said that she had nothing to do with it, that she was out with a bunch of friends, and one of the two guys that were out with them must have done it, and she was pretty sure she knew who it was. Mind you, it was a guy she's been friends with for maybe a month that did this, and doesn't know me at all. She also told me that this same guy did this to another one of the girls in the group a couple of weeks ago. Of course, my repsonse was "Well why are you still going to be friends with this kid then?" She said she would handle it, but she couldn't just turn her back on a friend. I dropped it because it wasn't worth dealing with, but I made it clear that if it happens again that I'm probably not going to be calling her anymore, because I certainly don't need to deal with that kind of garbage. Personally, I'm of the opinion that if somebody would pull a stunt like that, then they're not really a friend. But hey, what do I know?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Family Guy was great. I couldn't have been more pleased with its triumphant return, and more excited that it didn't lose a single bit of its over the top, sarcastic, punch you in the face humor. Sunday night will be my favorite from here on out.