Wednesday, May 18, 2005

My Apologies, and Midgets Fighting Lions...

To those who waiting with baited breath on my wit and wisdom today: I apologize. I had a doctor's appointment earlier today, and an interview this afternoon here at work, so I haven't been able to get anywhere near my blog. Obviously, we have a lot to cover, Velvet Revolver, Britney and Kevin, and Midgets.

A few key highlights from last night:

1) The crowd. Absolutely priceless, and completely eclectic. That's the great thing about going to see super groups, expecially from two moderately disparate fan bases. There was, of course, plenty of teased hair, demin jackets, and stonewashed jeans. On more than a few occassions these things appeared all on the same person. There was one guy who obviously thought he was Duff McKeagan, one guy who thought he was Sammy Haggar, and several women who obvi0usly thought that this was the GNR 1989 World Tour. I wonder if the guys from Guns ever get disappointed that the groupies from 15 years ago are the same ones showing up now, except that instead of being just out of college girls, they're completely worn out double divorcees. More so, I wonder if Weilend ever looks out at the crowd and wonders what happened to all the people that had jobs that used to come to STP shows......

2) The music, VR is actually a pretty damn good live band, not that anyone was surprised by that. They only played 2 STP songs (Crakerman, Sex Type Thing), and only ONE GNR song. (Mr. Brownstone). I would have killed for a couple more STP songs, but I can understand why it didn't happen. In a way though, it was sad, the crowd was more fired up for any of those 3 songs than any of the Velvet Revolver songs.

3) Leaving the show. That was a mess. For anyone who has ever been to Tower City, you know that getting down to the venue is easy, but walking back out is a little more difficult. We ended up hopping a fence, got yelled at by a cop, and I ripped my shirt coming over the top. Good times. But at least I didn't have to be herded out w/ the rest of the cattle.

Britney and Kevin: Chaotic

I didn't even get a chance to watch the whole thing, but I have one word for the whole thing: Retarded. I can't even imagine trying to play the Immoderation girls' drinking game with this. Really, the name of this show should be Britney and Kevin: My Trailer Park or Yours??

Midgets and Lions:

Apparently there is a story circulating on the internet about a group of fighting Cambodian midgets that were contracted to fight a lion as a sporting event. According to this story 24 of the midgets were killed, and many others were wounded. I've seen several sights where this is a false, made up story. I also wouldn't be surprised, b/c we live in a totally messed up world. If it is false, that's still a damn funny story, you know, in a sick, awful way. If it's true, I want a tape of it. Just send it to my PO Box in hell....

3 comments:

Kara0303 said...

No, no, no, I think you've confused the midgets story with the OompaLoompa cast from the new Charlie and the Chocolate factory...24 midgets die in a chocolate river, not from a lion. And I do think there's video. Just thought I'd straighten that out for you. My pleasure.

Sarah said...

After 10 minutes of Britney and Kevin I wanted to kill myself. Steph made me watch it again today. Goddammit.

Gordon said...

Lindsey,

I can't imagine trying to do all of that at once. And if you didn't think the "retarded face" rule would come into play, then you don't know Britney....I don't remember, but you guys should definitely have a "horridly disgusting making out shot" rule.