Friday, May 06, 2005

A Little Slice of Heaven

In case you hadn't noticed the latest AL East standings, you might not have noticed that the
New York Yankees are in last place. I wish I could have made that much much larger and more bold. I'll settle for enjoying that they have a worse record than the Tribe, and that my beloved Cardinals are in 1st again. I'm sure big George will throw some kind of a fit, fire some people, and make some moves, and they may turn it around, but I'm going to enjoy ever second of this, just like everyone who hates the Yankees as much as I do will. My father had a great saying about this when I was a kid. "Son, I have two favorite baseball teams: The Reds, and anyone playing against the goddamn Yankees." He's a wise man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's not nice.