Monday, May 09, 2005

Boo Mondays.....

Two Words

Finals. Weak.

Yes, I'm aware that I misspelled that. It was on purpose. It was supposed to be a cute little reference to the fact that I'm spent from studying last night, and drinking too much all weekend, sleeping very litte and paying for it all this morning. Then I remember that I am not cute, nor amusing.

My brain is on borderline shutdown this morning, and I'm not happy about it. Couple that with the fact that I'm hacking up a lung, starving, and my (possibly) broken finger is killing right now, and it's a special morning.

On the bright side, I did get my hands on the new DMB album (it's totally fine, I promise) and am actually enjoying it. I was worried that I was going to be as disappointed as I was with Everyday, but it's not like that at all. Most of the tunes are relatively tight, and stay under the five minute mark, but there's some actual soul and it seems like everyone was actually in the studio during the recording. Additionally, it's a better album lyrically than the last couple, in my opinion. I'll just leave you with my favorite line from the album (from the song Hunger For the Great Light)

"I want to be your hunger

I want to see you open wide

And when I go down for you

I want to blow your mind"

Yeah, figure out what that's about and get back to me. I'm out. Fat kid needs a bagel.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey, Gordo, did you break your finger in your bowling league?

Gordon said...

Very funny, I hurt it in flag football...which makes it only slightly less embarrassing.....

Kara0303 said...

Gulp. I'm going to have to get that CD based on that verse alone. Oh how I do love his voice...
Good luck on the finals and so sorry about the late night.