Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Everyone Needs to Have a Role Model

Amazing

How about a guy that goes to 1000 bars in 1 year? The best part about it? He's 60 years old. If that isn't a dream come true for an amatuer alcoholic like myself, then I don't know what is. I had a hard enough time doing the Winking Lizard's World Tour of Beers in 1 year, and that was only 100 drinks. This guys taking that and going by a power of 10. I find this truly amazing, to say the least.

The best part of this? He has a blog. I highly encourage everyone to read it, I haven't yet, b/c I'm lazy, but I'm betting that it's going to be hilarious.

4 comments:

bevy said...

It's good to have goals. Mine is to not throw up, which literally went down the toilet about a month ago. My record at that point was 2 years, 4 months - not too shabby. Now I'm back to square one.

Gordon said...

That is such a Seinfeld thing to do...and I totally love it....I ruined my streak over the weekend, but 12 hours of drinking, even the really good stuff at a wedding, will do that to you...

Kara0303 said...

Last time I did was my birthday on March 3rd of this year. I'm doing well so far...I have a wedding this weekend in Myrtle Beach, so who knows if I can hang on. I've found that as long as I 1) eat something before drinking, 2) stay with one drink and drink it all night, 3) Don't do any shots whatsoever, and 4) don't smoke a cigarette (I'm not a smoker, but have been known to pick up a cigarette randomly and smoke it while drunk, usually leading me straight to the porcelain god shortly thereafter), then I'm usually ok.

Kara0303 said...

Oh yeah, baby, he's hot! I just visited his blog and my personal favorite pic is the red suspenders and 2 full chickens on a stick. Wonder when he'll be in Atlanta? I can't even keep a straight face with this one as I type...