Thursday, May 26, 2005

Hell in an SUV

Okay, perhaps I'm exaggerating.

However, as much as I like to travel, doing it on a Holiday weekend when I'll have other friends here from out of town, everyone will be off work, and there are Indians' games to potentially attend, going to a family wedding in Philadelphia is not high on my list of priorities. Now mind you, I do enjoy my family, they're all wonderful people, and they are somewhat entertaining. However, 8 hours in a car w/ my parents, praying that the batteries on my CD player last, and that they stop asking me mundane questions about my life long enough for me to get some sleep, is not my favorite way to spend a weekend. Hopefully it will be a good time, however, being that I am the youngest in the family (which doesn't matter as much once you hit your late 20's), and knowning that I won't have a car, and that my parents will likely want to be in bed by 11 pm on Satruday night, and I'm fighting a losing battle. Well, there is free booze..right? Right?

2 comments:

Gordon said...

No, they're definitely not, I just hate long drives, especially when I'm not in charge, and this is both of those...

Anonymous said...

Quit complaining half-horse...at least your dad passed you down some of his LARGE genes...whiner