Sunday, May 08, 2005

Weekend of Opposites

Is it possible to have a good time during a given weekend, yet hate half of what happened? Apparently, since that's basically how this weekend went down. I'm too tired for long narratives, plus I have studying that needs to be attended to, so the 8 of you reading will have to take what you can get, k? Great. Needless to say, this was one of the more random weekends in my recent memory.

Friday night: Somehow made it home from work in somewhat decent time, ensuring that I would be able to make it to the Seis de Mayo party with plenty of time to enjoy more than I should have drank for 10$. I don't think it was the Jack and Coke, or the multiple servings of Blue Moon that did me in so much as the not eating dinner thing. Let's just say that by 9:30 I was a mess, not like embarrassing and throwing up bad...but bad. So if I propositioned you on Friday...my bad. Then, a few of us made it back to Lakewood, hitting the LVT (for much needed fried foods) then to McCarthy's for more cheap beer and a meet up with some of our other friends. Then, shenanigans. Somehow, coming back from the bathroom, I ran into the nefarious ex g/f from college. I somehow seem surprised everytime I run into her, then remember that she's of age, and likes to go out too. I ended up talking to her for over an hour. What? Why? I have no clue. I gaurantee that the alcohol played its' fair part in the mess, but it was wierd b/c I hadn't drank much after the 9:30 or so mark, and felt relatively coherent. It was odd though, b/c we had a mature conversation (a first for us), just catching up, like we were old friends. Considering that things ended very badly between us, it was wierd. Finally, I realize that it was after 1, and that my bed was calling me. Loudly. So as I'm leaving she offers to walk out with me. Odd? Yes. I get to a point outside where it's time to part ways, and we do the obligatory it was good to see you take care of yourself stuff, then the friendly hug. Then she kisses me. What???????
That's not supposed to happen. It was literally nothing major, it lasted less than a second, and I went home feeling almost nothing. Which is even wierder. Regardless, the amount of crap I took all day Saturday for the incident didn't help. Nevertheless, it's been so long since I dated her that even hearing her talk about the guys she has dated etc didn't even make me flinch, and I honestly am glad that I was able to have a good, friendly interaction with her. Does that mean I'm rushing to go grab coffee and talk on the phone with her? No way, but I much prefer to be on decent terms with her so that when I do run into her it's not an uncomfortable and conflict driven situation.

Saturday night: Good times for the most part, including a cook out and then karioke, with drinks provided by Steph and the 100$ she won betting on the Derby. Then, more shenanigans. Remember this incident from last weekend?? Well Divorced Girl (DG) and I talked last Sunday and she apologized profusely, as we all know. So we tried to hang out last week, but she was "sick" and not feeling up to it, so we postponed. I left her a message on Saturday night that I would be out and about, and to contact if she was also. Mind you, I only did this because we were allegedly ON GOOD TERMS. Then I get a phone call at the bar at about 1 am.....
Defintely, definitely the same douchebag that left the message on my phone last week. You know, the kid that she said just took her phone and did that, and how he's not a threat b/c he's gay and she wouldn't be interested in him anyways? Right, he calls me from her phone and starts running his mouth at me. Honestly I don't even remember what was said b/c I was moderately in shock that it happened again after her assurances that it wouldn't. Nevertheless, I just flat hung the phone up and let it go. Sorry DG, I'm forgiving, but not retarded. We'll just toss her in the bin of "girls that treat the truth like it might stab them if they tell it" Honestly, I'm still amazed by the whole thing, b/c this kid that is involved has never met me. EVER. That being said, he seems very angry and aggressive for a gay man. Apparently he hasn't had his face mashed against a pillow enough lately and is taking it out on the straight guys.

The Moral: There are a lot of ignorant, inconsiderate, and pretty much worthless people in this world, do your best to avoid them, b/c they suck. Hard.

1 comment:

bevy said...

I have a gay friend who hates every guy I date and every guy who looks at me the wrong way when I walk into a bar. He's like the jealous older brother I never had. But I don't know that he would go so far as to call and harass some random stranger. Twice.