Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Guilty as Charged....

I admit, I do it all the time. Much to the chagrin of a fellow blog writer, I am completely guilty of bithcing about the weather in Cleveland. However, I would like to state for the record that I grew up in a worse climate, snow wise than this, Erie, PA, and for the 18 years I lived there I don't recall a single instance of snow after May 1st. Now, having said that, I'll also be the first to say that I don't like seeing anyone overreact to it, b/c it's really not something that you can control as long as you insist on living here, so there's no use in being anything but annoyed by it.

Again though, I can sympathize with those who choose to complain about it. Realistically, it is May freaking 2nd, which is not the time of year that I would expect to wear anything but sandles and a tshirt when I go outdoors. Because, you know what? I like going to Indians games, sitting on the patio, driving w/ my sunroof open, and going for a little run around the neighborhood. Shouldn't I be able to expect to have the opportunity to enjoy these things without a parka and mittens by this point in the year? I would hope so. Do I have a right to be annoyed when I'm not able to do these things? I think so. Granted, I should shut up, because there are a total of 3 good months out of the year to do these things, and I expect May to be one of those months. So throw me a bone here people, really......

1 comment:

bevy said...

And I was pissed 'cause it was a bit chilly in Pecos when we were having a backyard birthday party for my mom. I hate standing in the cold holding a cold beer especially when it's the last day in April and it's supposed to be hotter than hell. I guess I should be more appreciative.