Wednesday, May 04, 2005

By Request....

Since I'm not original enough to come up w/ any topics on my own, (thanks grad school, for killing off my brain cells one by one...I refuse to blame this phenomenon on alcohol) I'm going to honor the requests for stories and opinons on topics as submitted by my six (seven if you count that big brother is probably all over this) readers. Plus, I'm feeling all listy(?) today, so this is going to be in the form of a list.

Strangely though, I feel almost bad tackling the Burger King marketing department for a number of reasons

1) A fellow, more intelligent and more entertaining blogger, MG, already took them on.
2) How do you make fun of Hootie?
3) I mean seriously, have you seen Brooke Burns...there's nothing to mock.....

However, being as committed to my readers as I am, I will forge ahead. A few thoughts on this one:

1) Seriously, does anyone else feel bad for Darius Rucker when they see this commercial? If they had told him 10 years ago-"You can have your 10 million selling record, but you'll be dressed up as an urban cowboy doing fast food commercials by the time your 40" do you think he'd have taken that deal? Would you?
2) Do you think Darius fired his agent after this? I mean, unless they paid him an ungodly amount of money (which I can't imagine they would), this is pretty much the most ridiculous thing you can do as an artist, aside from the Cleveland Rib Cook Off. Sorry, Better than Ezra...it's true. Honestly though, if you watch the commercial, you can see the almost pained smile on his face, like he's wondering if he can take the money he makes from this and pay someone to cut his agent's brake lines.
3) Streets paved with cheese? Come on. That so obviously looks like the yellow brick road that I want little people and ruby slippers included in the commercial.
4) A completely unheralded appearance by the Dallas Cowboy's cheerleaders, really, they don't get anywhere near the credit they deserve for the talent level that they bring to the table. Granted, their appearance makes little to no sense here, but neither do the tumbleweeds of bacon.
5) Two Words for the highlight of the whole thing. Brooke. Burns. Really, her hanging out on that swing, holding that sandwich, saying "Come and get it!"? You have no idea Brooke...really.

1 comment:

bevy said...

Thanks so much. I couldn't have written it better myself. And all excellent points by the way.