Friday, May 13, 2005

I Refuse to Look at a Calendar the Rest of the Day

Not that it matters, because every email I get today at work will be time stamped, and that little "Friday May 13" will be in my face all day. I can honestly say that I hate myself for this, b/c I am not what you would call outwardly superstitious. I don't carry around a rabbit's foot, or avoid opening an umbrella indoors, or any of that garbage.

However, I know that if something random happens today, that I'll be the first one to say "what did you expect? It's Friday the 13th", Thereby making me want to plow my eyeballs out with a spork. Granted, if anyone has a reason not to believe in it, it's me, because I am without a doubt, completely f'ing cursed. Consider that in the last year:

1) I have been hit and run twice, the first one causing over 4 grand in damage to my car. This happened while I was still in the car, and was in the process of moving to my new apartment.
Because of the hit and run, I had to pay my deductible. Sweet

2) In the process of the same move, I somehow managed to completely break Diane's steam vac,
while it was sitting in my trunk. Not Cool.

3) A month after getting my car back from the hit and run, and a week after putting new brakes on it, to the tune of 300$, I put the car into a wall on the highway (this one was my fault) and totaled the car.

4) A month after getting my Maxima (which I love) the second hit and run occured, leaving a massive dent in my front right fender.

5) Three months after getting my car, I had to spend 700$ to replace the firing coils in each cylinder. That's right, the Maxima is a 6 cylinder car.

And those are just the big things, the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Good times.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Four months after I got my new car, I got hit by a drunk driver who took off. He caused $7200 worth of damage. Sweet!!

bevy said...

Friday the 13th is not all bad. I was born on that day in the scariest month of all (October), so I can't really go along with the notion that it's bad luck.

Kara0303 said...

I bet none of those things happened on a Friday the 13th, did they? I personally like the 13th. It's one of my favorite numbers. And red's my favorite color. LOL. I know, you care.

6 months after I bought my Acura some idiot rammed my bumper, too. He had no insurance of course, and didn't wait for the cops to come, either. Good times.