Sunday, April 24, 2005

Only so I don't have to tell this story anymore......

It became clear to me last night that I'm getting stuck telling the same story several times, and it's getting a little annoying. Not because I don't want people to know what's going on, but because I can get sick of the sound of my own voice. Oh, and I'm keeping it short.

MJ and I are obviously not seeing each other anymore. She hasn't called me since Sunday, and I haven't called her since Tuesday. I left her one message on Monday, just saying hello, then on Tuesday, after no returned calls, left a message telling her to call me and let me know if she was okay, because it's unlike her to not return calls the same day or early the next. She didn't call, hasn't sent a text or an email, hasn't left a note on my door, or even thrown a brick through my friggin window. Annoying? Definitely. More so because she always made it out that she would want to be friends regardless, would be honest with me about what was going on, and would never just stop calling out of nowhere. Sadly, she went oh-for-three.

I deleted her phone numbers last night before I got too drunk and tried to call her. It's better that way. Her loss. Thanks to anyone who was concerned about how I'm taking it, but really, at this point its easy to laugh off.

4 comments:

bevy said...

Yeah, sure...laughing while you're crying inside.

I can't hate on the girl too much for putting you through this, 'cause I'm guilty of it myself. We're very non-confrontational when it comes to this sort of thing, so we just stop calling hoping you won't realize we stopped calling, but I guess guys aren't stupid afterall.

Gordon said...

Not all of us are morons, I'm realistic enough to know that if two phone calls go unreturned, that it's done. It's more a frustration on my part of thinking that after dating for 2 months, a "I don't think we should see each other" conversation should have been had. Who knows though....

bevy said...

Well, in that case....yeah, two months definitely warrants an "I don't think we should see each other any more" discussion. Oops. See mine was only one date, not two months. Oh, well, easy come, easy go.

Gordon said...

Oh, if it had been one date, I doubt it would have even warranted mentioning here.....