Sunday, April 24, 2005

Here, Hold this....

Random Eighties Item of the Week.....


Trapper Keeper

Seriously. How great were these things? Why am I even thinking about this right now? I have no clue.
And when I say they were great, I mean completely frustrating, cheap, and easily damaged. I mean, really, the velcro on mine lasted all of about a week and half, and then the damn thing wouldn't stay closed. Then the folders would rip so that they would fall out, taking whatever homework I had in there with them. Is there a more traumatic event in the life of a dorky 10-year old than watching your report on penguins tumble into the snow because your Trapper just couldn't hack it? Okay, so they were aesthically pleasing, espeically when we were kids, with their 'futuristic' designs, and the sight of your teacher cringing every time she heard 20 pieces of Velcro ripping was spectacular, but still.
Granted, at least my parents would make me use the same one for 2 years in a row, which made me look poor, and lame, infuriating me to the point that I would be tempted to throw it under the school bus so that it would be destroyed and I could get a new one. Not that I would ever do anything so childish......

No comments: