Monday, April 25, 2005

A Case of the Mondays...

I. Hate. That. Phrase. A lot. Sadly thought, it's a pretty true statement today. Honestly, is there anything more depressing than waking up to snow in the last week of April?? Hey, Mother Nature, I like the fact that my car has seat heaters, but that doesn't mean I like using them to warm myself while I sit in snow-induced traffic, so knock it off, seriously. Skank.
Also, I made another note to self after I woke up yesterday with a headache that roughly resembled the feeling of being hit with a rock shot out of a pitching machine at close range. Just because you mixed up something to drink that you knew would get everyone hammered, doesn't mean that you need to have a large amount of it yourself...genius.
Fortunately, because of that beautiful hangover, I was able to avoid going outside, or even looking out the window to bear witness to the wonderfull snowstorm with which we were graced. Granted, I became aware of it when I had to wade to my car this morning and dig my snow brush out of semi-retirement.

That's it...I'm moving...who has room for me down south? I'm clean, fun, and make really good Captain and Cokes......

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gordon, it sounds like pure genious to me. Snow sucks. A mere three days ago I was in tropical paradise, and now ass-land. Well, as I write that and look out the window the sky is actually blue, but its all just a trick...still cold as hell. I learned some other really good island drinks last week...

Anonymous said...

I hate snow too, unless it offers me the amazing beauty that is...a snow day. Working for schools rules. Ask me about again in the summer when I am getting paid to be on "break." Be jealous, be very jealous...

Anonymous said...

I don't think I like you anonymous. I don't know who you are...but I have a few suspects in mind...but be aware that if I know you, and used to like you, I don't anymore.

Anonymous said...

You know what's awesome. Leaving for work and realizing you have ANOTHER flat tire (3 within 2 years). What's funny, is that "anonymous" thought he was so cool because of his snow day, but I got him back by making him change my tire at 7:30am :) Now I get to go take a final.
Fun day.

Anonymous said...

Nice job Diane. Anonymous must pay!

Kara0303 said...

I have an extra room here in Atlanta, but there are several rules:
1. No bitching about the south if you invade.
2. I need a cook. I'm getting tired of sandwiches, cereal, and lean cuisines.
3. I need someone to take the garbage out on Sunday nights.
4. Must be willing to kill the occasional spider for me.
5. Either chip in for lawn service or mow the lawn because I don't.
Now, if you agree to the terms of the lease, and my dog and cat agree to it, you're welcome to move in. :) thanks for visiting my blog.

Kara0303 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.