Friday, July 01, 2005

Welcome to a New Month, Now hand over your paychecks

It's going to be one of those months. I'm hating today, July 1st for a bunch of reasons.

Rent is due today

Good-bye more than half of yesterdays paycheck! I'll miss you! Hope you enjoyed the 18 hours you spent in my checking account!

Vegas is 4 Days Away

I can't wait, but given my current uncertainty at my job, I'm going to be nervous everytime I double down or hear someone say "always bet on black", and not just because of Passenger 57.

Wedding Carousel '05 Continues

Again, this is a fun thing, but tux+gift= wallet :(

Also, my office is a ghost town today. There's no more than a handful of people here, so it's me, a few peers, and the internet today. Thank goodness for the internet, otherwise, I'd have to listen to myself think for 8 hours. Thanks, but at that point I think I'd try some drain cleaner with a turpentine chaser......

Also, if I hear one more variation of the "Are you going to lose your job? What happens if you get fired? Do you have your resume together?" Question, I'm going to stab someone. Seriously

3 comments:

bevy said...

I doubt you'll lose your job, at least not any time in the very near future (like say next week), so don't worry about it. Even so, now is probably a good time to get the word out to your friends and family that you're looking for something. Network.

Look at me: I don't have a job and I'm doing a-ok.

Sarah said...

Hey gordo you can come work for me. i mean i don't have any job oeptneings and i'm not a manager but i did just live in a trailer while palying the game of Life with STeph so it's all good. you drink too much. Come over and rink with us.

Kara0303 said...

Sometimes some things are blessings in disguise. That's not to say that it's fun while it's happening, but you can look back and appreciate that nothing would have worked out the way you wanted unless fate sorf of pushed it. Sorry for getting so philosophical.

How about this instead: Just Screw It.