Thursday, July 28, 2005

On Second Thought

I had a post up earlier about my job that was a little bit on the scathing and bitter side. Then I remembered the articles I have read about other people who have gotten fired from their jobs for blogging about them and saying terrible things. It's too bad, because it was a really funny post. However, I haven't got any way of supporting myself without having a steady source of income.

It's fine, I'm sure I can come up with something interesting. Actually, it's funny b/c the other day we were talking about toys and stuff we had when we were kids that were actually much cooler than anything the kids have today. Or at least, we sure seemed to think so.....stupid kids and their stupid Game Boy SP, and their computers....come on, get some imagination. Anyway, I figured I would talk about a few of my favs....

The Big Wheel











Seriously, how f'ing great were these? Plastic seat, plastic wheels, well, pretty much plastic everything. We used to build massive jumps, (like a foot of the ground) and spin donuts that would shred the plastic wheels, and run them into the garage so hard that it would make dents.I had the General Lee one, which may or may not have had Confederate flag stickers, which were great. I don't know how my mother could stand those things, what with the plastic on gravel sound that makes most adults nasueous. They still make these actually, but they're like SpongeBob and crap like that.

Transformers


Another one that they still make today, but really, they were much cooler in the 80s. Back then, they were simple, plastic fun. Now they're all crazy and stuff, and they totally want to do a CGI movie and stuff. Crazy












Sega Genesis


















Alright, I know. We all actually started our video game addictions much younger than this, playing Atari 2600 or the original, old school Nintendo. But, if you actually took the time to save the money to buy this one for yourself, and take that next step, especially with the impending release of the Madden franchise, and the consistent outpouring of other EA sports titles, then you were probably one of those guys (like me) that will play video games for ever and ever and ever. And probably never get laid. Super.

I could probably come up with a bunch more, but I'm tired, plus, it's time for lunch. You guys got any other favorites that I didnt' mention here?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't have a big wheel, but my sister did and it was AWESOME!

Kara0303 said...

You forgot about when a rock got stuck in the plastic wheel of the Big Wheel - that wonderful noise it made while peddling a whopping 3 mph down the hill...

I was a full-fledged Barbie girl. I still get a rush of adrenaline when I walk down the pink aisle at the toy store.

Anonymous said...

Did you ever make your big wheel into an ice cream shop? Sarah and i did. We were really creative gordo.