Monday, July 18, 2005

Lessons Learned This Weekend

After another long, entertaining weekend, I've learned a few things.......

1) I most certainly am still suffering from the Vegas letdown. Not good times.

2) Being around a bunch of guys that are married, or about to get married, makes me feel either really old, or like the most irresponsible 26 yr old ever.

3) Taking more cash with me when I go out doesn't mean that I'll come home with more. It just means that I spend more. Instead of buying for 3 people, I end up buying for 10. Good call, moron.

That being said, the bachelor party was a big success, even if I did put myself back in the poor house again. No big deal. It was good to see both of the guys have a good time, and to see all of the people that made it out for at least part of the evening.

I will, however, have to give a slight thumbs down to Lakewood Lanes over on Detroit. Really, I know bowling alleys probably don't make a ton of money, and it's not a lucrative venture these days, but really, the place was bad. When you have one guy handling the bowling, and the bar, you may have a staffing issue. That and the face that he was apparently holding a newspaper recycling drive in the bar area, didn't make things very pleasant. At least half the ceiling tiles were missing. I will say though, that the lanes did have one thing going for them: if MTV ever wanted to film an episode of The 70's House there, they certainly would be right in their element......

The other good thing from this weekend is that I got all of the Browns tickets that I wanted, and will be attending home games against the Lions, Bengals (the opener) the Dolphins, and the Jags, which means lots and lots of tailgating, which means lots and lots of bad for me food. And I love it.

Couple of other fun things today:

Speaking of living in the 70s: Village People Cop Busted Apparently being famous 30 years ago just isn't what it used to be. Do you think he was wearing the outfit when they picked him up? Wouldn't that make it that much more entertaining? Better yet, where did this guy get 100k to post bail?

The new Harry Potter book sold 6.9 Million copies in one day

I'm sure the Vatican can't be happy about that. (Insert your own little boy/Catholic church joke here, I'm laying off for a while)

No comments: