Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The returns of Jack, and other miscellaneous....

Jack Bauer Terrorist Kill Count: 6 (including the guy who's bomb he exploded with his cell phone)

It's official. I have a very sustained man crush on one Jack Bauer. Holy effing crap, I don't want to ruin the 24 season permiere, figuring that there may be some people who haven't seen it, or some people waiting to watch it by way of the TiVo or otherwise. I'm also sure that there are some of you that aren't watching, and refuse to watch, and don't want to get caught up in it. Let me just say, that if you are in that group, Jack will come for you, and you will watch that show. And you will love it.

And you will tell Jack what he needs to know, it's just a question of how much you want it to hurt. (Honestly that may have been my favorite quote. Ever.)

The hard part now is going to be waiting for 7 more days for anything to happen on that show. That's going to require a lot of patience, something that I lack on every possible level.

Other notes from the weekend:

I hate the Steelers. A lot. The fact that they are still in the playoffs makes me want to superglue my hand to a hot iron.

I don't care what anyone says, I never want any part of a shot called "The Circle Jerk" again.

I'm learning, the hard way, that I just flat out can't go out drinking 2 or 3 nights in a row and expect to feel any level of healthy or well rested come the first day of a new work week.

Also, strangely enough, I thought I'd have gotten used to sleeping alone again, but there are nights where it still feels wierd. I still get all the covers to myself, and don't get yelled at for snoring, so I guess it's a trade off.

Thanks to the glory of Sirius, I've discovered Panic! At the Disco....they're worth checking out, but I'm not sure if I even like them enough to be obsessed. I need more convincing

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Gordo, I don't watch "24" because I have too many shows on my plate right now. Plus I missed the first couple seasons so I don't want to start in the middle. I've seen a couple episodes, and they made me pee my pants so I will be watching the DVDs. Just wanted to say that in case Jack is reading this. He is a bad mofo.

erl said...

at least the patriots are out. at least, in my mind that's an excellent, excellent thing.