Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Really, Can Anyone Kick a Field Goal?

Holy crap you guys, I'm seriously exhausted today. I managed to stay awake for the entire Penn State/Florida State game last night, which may have been a mistake. What the heck was I doing up till 1 AM on a school night? Beats me. Actually, it boils down to a few things. 1) I grew up in PA, so I have a certain affinity for PSU, even though I've lived in Ohio for 8 looong years. 2) It was a really good game, close all the way through, both teams having their chances to land a knockout blow, both bouncing back up off the mat every time they got knocked down. There weren't a lot of points in the second half, but a lot of really good defensive plays. And 3) By the time PSU's kicker missed that kick at the end of regulation, it was already 12:15, I had already invested 4+ hours of my time into that game, and I wasn't about to miss the ending. However, the barrage of missed kicks was killing me. I wasn't expecting 3 friggin OTs, that's all I'm saying.

Also, I just read news that Arrested Development is getting it's 3rd season cut short, and that it's probably not going to be renewed by FOX. That makes sense. It's won like 6 Emmys and a Golden Globe, and isn't written on a third grade level. Jason Bateman (the star) said "Maybe the Bluths just aren't that relateable" Right. Well apparently America can relate to Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie enough to watch them whore-dumbing it up on TV for what 3, 4 years now? Thanks a lot FOX, way to drive another good show into the ground. But hey, can't wait for Skating with Celebrities. Morons.

No comments: