Monday, January 23, 2006

And Yet My Apartment Continues to Mock Me.....

Apparently, I should be getting the message that my apartment doesn't want me there anymore.

Yes, you heard that right, it's not my landlord, or my neighbors, or anyone that I'm having a problem with. It's the actual, physical structure trying to evict me. Now, I live in the top half of a double, and like most houses in the area, it's a bit older, but for the most part, all of the appliances are under 7 years old, the windows are newer, and it's in "relatively" good shape.

However, there have been some small....issues in the last few weeks. First, about a month ago, my shower stopped kicking out hot water. Now, this wouldn't be a big deal if I was still with Megan, for I could have just gone to her house and showered. As it was, I was stuck going over to Drew's for about, oh, 4 straight days to shower, which is a mild inconvience for him, and very annoying for me. So my landlord had a plumber come and "fix" it, which lasted all of, oh 2 weeks. Then I got a blast of cold water again one morning last week. Awesome.

Then, last week, I woke up one morning and it was 52 degrees in my apartment. Now, this would be fine if my thermostat wasn't set at 64!!! That's quite a little shock when you first get out of bed, where you've been wrapped in two blankets and buried your head inside a pile of pillows.

Oh wait, so of course, the week my furnace goes out, my landlord is OUT OF TOWN!! Awesome. Hey, at least it wasn't the dead of friggin winter. By the time Thursday night rolled around last week, my thermostat said my house was at 50 degrees, but I think that's only b/c that's as low as the little digital number goes. Thankd god for space heaters.
So my landlord has that fixed, said there was a faulty switch down in the basement. And it was working yesterday, most of the day, while I was gone. Then last night, I get home, and it's a little cold. I play with it a bit, and it kicks on, and is running when I go to bed.

Today, I wake up, and it's IN THE DAMN 50s. Again. Seriously. Couple that with the fact that I have a sore back and legs from flag football this weekend, (Yes middle age, I can hear you quietly making your way up my block, F you.) And this is not good times. I'm stiff enough as it is without having that going on.

Okay, granted the back thing may or may not be related to an unplanned headstand that I did after we failed to convert a fourth down and I was on the ground, and tried to flip over, but didn't, and I'm sure I looked at least mostly ridiculous, but you'll have that. Especially with me.

4 comments:

bevy said...

And to top it all, the stinkin Steelers won yesterday.

Gordon said...

Oh don't even start me on that... I wanted to throw myself out a window after that game....

bevy said...

A lot of people did. I just hope they lose the superbowl.

Anonymous said...

The headstand was fantastic. At least you did it on nice, soft, even ground....oh wait.