Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Someone Should Flood HIS House

On the way home from work yesterday I was listening to the ol' AM radio. (yes, I own a car that was built within the last 10 years, but sometimes I like listening to the AM radio. Fine, give me my Golden Buckeye card, I'm old. Damn kids)

But I digress. On this AM radio show, the host is known in the area for being a little 'acerbic'. And yes, I know that me calling someone acerbic is like OJ saying that someone 'may have' committed a crime. Anyways, since it has been such big, unfortunate news, they were talking about the hurricane. The host said, and I kinda sorta quote "Don't come crying to me, it's your fault if you decide to live down there, or if you decide to stay in your home when they tell you to get out, I'm not going to send them any money" You know, classy. He went on for about another 10 to 15 minutes on this little tirade of his. Whatever.

Here's my thought on the whole thing: Don't ever damn someone for choosing to live someplace. Even Pittsburgh. Or the South. Really, chances are they are there for the same reasons we live in blizzard and crappy weather USA. Because that's where their jobs and their families are. The other thing, and I guess I can see where he's coming from, is, why the hell would you stay in your house if you know it's about get flooded the hell out. What I had heard was that a lot of people knew that if they left, their homes would be looted before the storms came. I mean, at that point, what's the difference? Either some delinquent is walking off with your TV, or the river is. I'd think you'd be covered either way. But I guess to some people there's more dignity in getting smoked by mother nature than getting ripped off by some drop out named Deshawnquantham.

Better yet, who are the dirtbags looting homes right before a hurricane? Anyone caught looting during something like that should be tied to a telephone pole right in the path of the damn thing.

Oh, and back to the radio show host-when we have a blizzard this year and karma sends your SUV sliding into a ditch, don't complain about the stupid weather, b/c you chose this over a hurricane once every five years, idiot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good 2004 jetta gli post!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Nice blog you have here. Lots of great info on dallas cowboys ring of honor. I have a dallas cowboys ring of honor related site. It has lots of information, discussion, stats etc. on dallas cowboys ring of honor. Please check it out if you get a chance.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a gag gift site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)