Monday, August 15, 2005

Save Me!

I'm still in a classroom here at work. I'm sure our educator means well, but I'm at the point where the thought of another day of not doing anything but listening to this woman talk is making me want to wash my hands in a bucket of acid.....

Couple of quick thoughts from the weekend:

Both my Eric Metcalf jersey and my Ferris Beuller poster arrived in the mail on Saturday, and they both made me giggle like a small child on a sugar buzz.

Saturday's party was a blast, and entertaning as always. I'm not sure why, but every time Loyd has a party, we manage to plow through a keg of beer in nothing flat. We always say "one keg should be plenty, there won't be that many people here", but then we destroy it playing flip cup. Funny how that works.

Also, you know you've found a keeper when a girl you've been dating for a month does a keg stand, in a skirt, in front of a group of your friends, and lasts longer than some of the guys. Good work Megan, that's an All-Star move.

Finally, if I can find a way to get a nap in at work, that would be spectacular. I'm having one of those George-finding-a-way-to nap-under-his-desk moments from Seinfeld. Really, a blanket and an alarm clock? That's all I need my friend.

Also, will someone please tell Dick Clark that it's okay, he can really stop showing up for New Years Eve, my parents don't stay up late enough to know the difference any more. Really, Dick, we get it, you may be 75, but you're pretty much fucking invincible. Really, I think this guy could survive a nuclear Holocaust and dig himself out just in time to say "We'll be right back on New Year's Rockin Eve 2012"......

2 comments:

bevy said...

A keg stand in a skirt in front of all your friends? What a class act!

It'sJustMe said...

While I think it is more than time for Dick Clark to retire, do we really want the likes of Ryan Seacrest taking over? Not that I am ever home to watch on New Year's Eve, but I don't care to have any more exposure to Seacrest and his ego.

BTW, thanks for the kind words and the offer to link to my site. Checking yours each day has become a part of my routine.