Thursday, August 18, 2005

Wedding Carousel Pt 89808

Okay, it's not really that many. By this point in the summer it just seems that way.

Wedding # 5 this year takes place this weekend. The highlight of this one is the wedding gift that we purchased the couple, who just happen to be big Browns' fans. And alcoholics. Hence this gift is pretty much perfect. Of course, the combination of the gift, the hotel, and the tux puts me squarely in the poor house once again.....

Then again, considering that we'll be golfing tomorrow with the guys from the wedding party and then some at Ghettowood Country Club, being poor might be the appropriate socio-econimic demographic for me to be in to golf there. Why do we call it Ghettowood? Well, when's the last time you went to a golf course where the sprinklers were rusted to the point they wouldn't turn on, the greens were so dry and hard that the ground was cracked, and they really didn't care if you took cases of beer onto the course with you? Yeah, that's what we're dealing with. Fortunately, there's never anyone else on the course b/c it's so bad, so we essentially get to drink, be belligerant, and generally makes asses of ourselves, which is a specialty of ours of course. I'm sure someone will come up with the brilliant "one beer per hole" idea, and have to be carried off the course. Super

Still in class today, thank god I'm off tomorrow, I don't think I could take a full week of this stuff. Granted, when I mentioned to our class facilitator that I had a vacation day scheduled for tomorrow, I thought she was going to start shooting laser beams out of her eyes right through my junk. Not good times.

The rehearsal dinner is tonight, which promises some semblance of shenanigans.

Also, I really, really need a nap.

4 comments:

bevy said...

Geez, when is this class thing finally over? Even I'm sick of it.

Gordon said...

Dude, trust me, I would love to get back to some kind of normal blogging and/or work schedule..it's over this week

Kara0303 said...

And what's with you and all of these naps?

Anonymous said...

Hey, when are you going to write a blog about the Bremick-Light wedding in recap? We can't wait to hear what you have up your sleeve...