Monday, December 11, 2006

Coming to the Finish Line...Sort of....

So this is it. The last week (allegedly) of my academic career. I turned in one take home final earlier today, am in the process of finishing another one, then have only a project (which is f'ing huge) and a pair of tests to undertake.

I'm already tired. The body of a 27 year old doesn't battle like it used to, that's for sure. I could go on 5 hours of sleep for days in a row, and now, I feel like I HAVE to get a full 8 hours or I'm going to be useless the next day. I know I can do it for a few days in a row, and I'm tougher than I give myself credit for, but its a mental block I seem to be having a tought time with.

I'm scared though. Honestly. There is a lot of uncertainty that follows this, and really, I still have to graduate. It's not in the bag yet. I have a lot of crap to do over the next three days, a lot of information to process, and a lot to worry about still. Monday, my real job search begins, when I can be done stressing about all this school stuff, and I have no idea what that holds. I could very easily be in another city, far away from my friends and family, a mere 30-60 days from now. And you guys know me, I don't always do uncertainty very well. And change isn't really my friend either.

Leaving would be giving up a lot, and it IS something I have to accept as a possibility. The thing is, my friends are all here, my family is close by, and there is a lot to love about this town, even as much as people try to say that it's not a great place to live.

That being said, if the right opportunity presents itself, I have to consider it. Money isn't the end all of life for me, but the fact is, after I've worked for 5 years, learned more about what I am capable of, and what I do bring to the table on a professional basis, and after getting my MBA, I know what I think I'm worth, and I have to pursue that.

It's just a lot to think about, especially considering that I should be studying right now, that's all.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

studying is overrated.

Anonymous said...

If you leave, don't leave now
Please don't take my heart away
Promise me just one more night
Then we'll go our separate ways
We always had time on our sides
Now it's fading fast
Every second every moment
We've gotta make it last

I touch you once, I touch you twice
I won't let go at any price
I need you now like I needed you then
You always said we'd still be friends someday...

bevy said...

Way to go.

Life is all about uncertainty. Be brave. You'll make new friends.