Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Sometimes not a Fantasy.....

So, this past weekend I was the recipient of an odd little turn of events. Allow me, if you will:

In our fantasy football league, we have a little thing where the person with the highest scoring individual player each week gets $5, and the person with the highest scoring team also gets $5, as a way for everyone, even if their team is BAD, to make a little extra money. In a way, it makes each week a bit more interesting, and keeps people interested sometimes, even if they are doing poorly. As luck would have it, I won both categories this week, meaning I pick up an extra $10. That's cool, right?

Answer: Well...............

See, here's the thing. The highest scoring player in our league last week was Hines Ward (aka-Bane of my Existence). As a direct result of his output, basically, I won the team award as well.

This is the problem. I HATE Hines Ward. HATE. Why? Well for one, he plays for the Steelers, the team that I'm sworn to hate with every fiber of my being. Let's just say that them being 2-4 makes the Browns 1-5 record at least somewhat palatable. The other thing? Well, he's Megan's favorite player. And as much as I'm past that whole thing, I'm still very spiteful towards everything she stood for. Carry a grudge much? Please, next time I fly somewhere I'm buying my grudge a plane ticket.

Oh, but you're damn right I'm taking the $10. Come on guys, I'm unemployed!

Oh, and also, there is an extended trailer for Season 6 of 24 online. You HAVE to see this. I've only watched it like 4 times already. Enjoy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you are still talking about it/her chances are your NOT over it/her...

Anonymous said...

you should find a hottie and date her.

Sarah said...

You're not over her. It's fine. I'm not over Brett and it's 2 years later. I will hate Baltimore for the rest of my life.

Anonymous said...

Hey G,
It takes awhile to truly get over someone....most likey it won't completely happen till you've met someone else who you think is worth devoting your heart to. Find her....TRUST ME!!!

Unknown said...

Carry a grudge much? Please, next time I fly somewhere I'm buying my grudge a plane ticket.


That killed me! You'll get over her in time. It took me almost four years to get over G, and didn't achieve complete closure until March of this year. There's someone better out there just waiting to meet you.

Anonymous said...

maybe you have already met her and jsut need to move forward?? ;)