Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Things I Would Sell Plasma to Witness...

Honestly, I don't think that it will come to that. Incidentally, I have interviews on Tuesday and Wednesday (different places) Keep your fingers crossed for me, seriously, you guys.

But really, if I needed any kind of a sign that things are starting to go right with the world, it's that David Lee Roth is going to be on this summer's Van Halen tour

This is especially cool for me, b/c Van Halen was the first concert I ever went to. Okay, actually, it was Van Haggar, when I was 15 or 16, and I'm sure that's not quite the same. So, really, this is about comparing the two versions, almost 15 years apart. Oh, and going to a Van Halen concert without being chapperoned by my dad.*

Let's put it this way. If Pittsburgh ends up being the closest venue for this show? I'd still go. Okay, I'm lying, I'd drive to Cincy, Toronto, or Guam preferrably.....

*Ed Note: Yes, I know, 16 seems old enough to go to a show by myself. Here's the story: We lived in Erie, the show was in Pittsburgh, and I had won 2 tickets on the radio. So, having had my license for 4 months or so, my mother wasn't about to let me drive by myself. And, as my father explained to me a couple of years ago "You probably could have handled driving back and forth with a friend, but I wasn't going to talk your mother into taking a Van Halen ticket away from me" Well played, sir.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haggar over Roth. seriously.