Friday, February 02, 2007

Quick Thoughts.....

I didn't even read what Sarah had to say about the Office last night, mostly b/c I wanted to post a few unedited thoughts of my own....

Dwight, in a bra? Gew. Priceless, but stomach wrenching.

Also priceless, Michael telling Karen (who they probably dress better than any of the other women on that show) that she should invest in a dress or a skirt or something*

I actually missed Ed Helms (Andy) this week. He's so batshit crazy that it's kind of wierd not having him around, especially b/c Jim was bound to do something else ridiculous to him. Incidentally, someone asked me what happened to Andy, and I'm betting NBC.com doesn't have the video up from last week, but there was a deleted scene where Andy is in his car and says "Dunder Mifflin is sending me to management training. Well, anger management. It's supposed to take 10 weeks, but I'll be out in 5, definitely" I wish I could find it on YouTube, b/c I'm obviously not doing it justice.

Dwight telling the stripper "we paid for three hours, and we're getting it" when he tells her to answer the phone.

And the highlight/lowlight for me?

Pam: Didn't Ben Franklin have syphillis?
Ben Franklin impersonator: But I don't. (Pause) My name's Gordon

Yeah, that pretty much ruined my night. When you have a relatively unique name, and then that happens? I won't be able to introduce myself to anyone for a while with out that joke coming up. Super......

*A note on Karen. Once, Steph told me that she didn't like Karen b/c the girl that played her (Rashida Jones) was the daughter of Quincy Jones, and she went to Harvard, and sang back up on Maroon 5's first album, and was really pretty, and dating the guy that plays Jim. Her life was too perfect. I think on the Scale of Irrational Thought with 1 being "I enjoy chocolate, I think I'll have a piece" (very rational) and 10 being "Satan's minions are roaming the Earth in the form of small Asian children and they are following me around" (ie-out of your damn mind) that this scores a solid 6.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Distribution of wealth is a totally rationale school of thought. She can't have it all! It's like a 2 on the crazy scale, not a 6! -Steph

Anonymous said...

hey the girl had to have michael jackson creeping around her house when she was a kid - that kind of balances the scales of fortune!