Monday, March 27, 2006

Today's List

Things Making My Day Better Today

1) My new Jack Johnson bootleg, circa 2001, courtesy of Sharda. It's a really really good disc. It's clear sounding, there's no background noise, and it's got a bunch of Brushfire Fairtales songs on it. Bonus points for the partial covers of Garden Grove (Sublime) and Who Do You Love? (George Thorogood). Good times. I owe you for that one, Sharda

2) A new episode of 24 tonight. Seriously, the show is like my little piece of crack for the week. Of course, watching it also means ordering food from Angelo's, playing Xbox 360, and probably at least a beer or two. And yes, I promise I'm 27, not 19.

3) Diane's b-day party on Saturday was a rockin good time, to say the least. Highlights included Sarah drinking an entire LARGE bottle of Arbor Mist (really, who's 19?), Kareoke Revolution (PS-I. Can't. Sing. At. All) and an ill-fated experiment with chocolate vodka. Good times

Things Not Working Out Today-

1) Work. Or better yet, incompetance. Here's a tip. When you get a big office and a fancy job title, and make more money, people surprisingly expect things. Telling the entire floor of people to call the help desk when we're having a system freeze up isn't a solution. It's passing the buck.

2) Cold- I think I caught Diane's. Thanks. First you toss me under the bus, then you get me sick. Want to shoot out my winshield while your at it?

3) My bracket completely fell apart over the weekend. Thursday night I was in great shape, in very good position to win. By Saturday night, I wouldn't have wiped my backside with that thing. To make this worse, everyone paid me for it on St. Patty's day, and in my stupor, I spent a chunk of the money. Nice work moron.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a great weekend...I turned another year older, I coughed up more mucus than one normal person produces in a lifetime, I got into an accident with the Dodge Neon, I got you sick and I rolled you under the bus. Weekend was successful :)

Sarah said...

Okay listen I didn't drink the ENTIRE bottle. Maybe like 7/8 of it. And half a bottle of champagne. But that doesn't mean I have a problem or that I am immature. Dammit. It so does.