Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Okay, so it was a really lame comeback

Thanks Sarah, nice comment on the last post.....

I apologize for the sparseness of my updating over the past few weeks. Between work, school, and the like, I haven't had much in the way of energy for posting lately.
However, last Friday, after the threat of physical violence if I didn't update (Thanks Sarah and Sharda!), I realized that I need to at least attempt to get back on the ball.......

Over the weekend we celebrated birthdays (got drunk), celebrated a flag football win (got drunk) and Megan and I went to the Weezer/Foo Fighters concert (Surprise! Drunk again)

The concert itself was spectacular. We had seats in the first row of our section, just off of the floor, which was nice for two reasons.

1) I'm too damn old to be on the floor of a rock show.
2) Walking from the floor to the beer stand? Way too far.

Weezer itself was especially amazing. For those of you that say Weezer was cool for like 5 minutes in high school and is now only listened to by a bunch of dorks: You're absolutely right. Blow me.

There were several highlights:

- Rivers Cuomo is notorious for not saying a damn thing during the bands concerts. He's pretty damn shy guy, that or he just doesn't like people. Anyways, at one point mid set, he talked for a couple of minutes, basically to say that since Foo Fighters weren't going to play "Big Me" that night, that they were going to do it. But that was damn near all the talking he did.....

-Rivers switching spots with drummer Pat Wilson to do the last song of the main set, Photograph, which they then ran into a cover of Song 2 by Blur. It was pretty sweet.

- The solo acoustic version of Island in the Sun during the encore.

However, of course, there were lowlights:

- They stopped selling beer like 4 songs into the Foo Fighters set. Are you kidding me? It's a concert, let me drink!

- Weezer only played 2 songs off of Pinkerton. And I'm officially a total dork.

- The 40+ year old woman who was wandering around in a sheer shirt with no bra. Lady, you're at a Weezer concert, and you're like my mom's age. Put the feeders away. Really.

Oh yeah, Foo Fighters were pretty damn good as well.

Also, I've moved into official baseball playoff stress mode, starting with the upcoming game Wednesday for the Cards against Houston. 7 Games last year almost gave me a heart attack, I hope they can dispose of Houston more quickly this year.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Private road construction?! Awesome. Dude, Weezer rocks.

bevy said...

Damn, didn't know I was a dork for liking Weezer.

And sorry, but this Texas girl is going for the Astros.

Sarah said...

Still kinda lame.