Thursday, October 20, 2005

If you find me in a full tub with a toaster: PLUG IT IN!

Really, a White Sox/Astros World Series? F me with a broken off broom handle.

It's bad enough to be a Cardinals fan and have to suffer last years 4 game uber-embarrassment.
But this? The Astros? You've got to be kidding me.

By the way, that play in the 5th where Everrett obviously missed the tag on Molina? Awful. Not even close. A couple of thoughts on that play.

1) The fat, blind, obviously mentally impaired umpire was out of position to see that play. Why he was inside the diamond, with his back to where the throw was coming from, is beyond me. He has no business there. From that angle he can't 1) See a player coming across the back of the bag. 2) See any tag being made on a runner, who is going to almost always slide to the inside and block his view.
and 3) Get anywhere near making a call that doesn't F the Cards right in the collective balloon-knot and ruin any momentum that they had started to build.

To make matters worse, I had to have a conversation with my father about this play on the phone not long after it happened

Me: Did you see that bulls*** call? That was absolutely effing terrible

Dad: I don't want to hear about it.

Me: But did you watch it??? Awful, that's why they need to have instant replay. That was ridiculous.

My Trapped in the 50s father: These damn games take too long already, that would make it worse. Whatever the umpire says the call is, that's the call.

Me: Good to know that your bedtime is more important than getting right effing call, you're a real godforsaken purist.

My increasingly irritated father: Remember, I don't want to talk about this. Goodbye.

That's the kind of mood I was in last night. Seriously, after thinking that they were back in it, I get kicked in the junk again by a team that barely made the playoffs.

At least I don't have to waste time watching the World Series this year.

1 comment:

bevy said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Your dad's funny though.