Friday, October 14, 2005

Annual Heart Attack

I handled last night's 4-1 loss to Houston a lot better than I thought I would have.

And by a lot better I mean I didn't flip over my coffee table, kick my couch, and fire a plastic cup all the way from my living room through my dining room to my kitchen.

Then again, the thought of going back to Houston, tied at 1-1, with the Anti-Christ (Roger Clemens) pitching for them, makes me iron my shirt while I'm still wearing it.

Speaking of baseball, don't even get me started on that BS call from game 2 of the ALCS. The ball was caught, the home plate umpire called him out, and then didn't stand by his call. Even worse, none of the field umpires said a word, instead being content to sit on their fat asses, close their eyes, and let it go. Yes, I know Crede still had to get the hit to drive in the run, but if that play is called correctly, it's a moot point.

In other news, I picked up the new O.A.R. CD (big surprise, I know). But here's the thing. I don't like it that much. It's too reggae, too slow, and too......adult. The songs have meanings, and are thoughtful. I don't like it.

What? I know, I'm 26, something being grown up sounding shouldn't bother me. But in college they were our party, drinking, have fun with your friends band, and I think that once a band takes on that role, they have to stick with it, otherwise, it just goes badly for them. The really disgusting part was looking for it online and finding it under "Adult Alternative" on Best Buy's website.

Also, apparently I can't drink during the week anymore. I feel like balls today. Even a Propel and a ton of water this morning didn't help. Weak.

No comments: