Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Thoughts on 24 (Spoilers if you haven't watched 10a-11a)

Official Jack Bauer Terrorist Kill Count: 1 (I don't expect this to stay at 1 for too too long, really, it's 24)

Well.

Another week, another "Holy crap, did they just do that?" moment.

So, Graham, the guy that spearheaded multiple attempts to kill Jack in Season 5 is Jack's brother? I have to admit, I didn't see it coming, but I wasn't completely in shock either when it happened. I've officially adopted a policy of not thinking very far ahead in '24' for the simple fact that I'll drive myself nuts trying to figure out what's going to happen next, b/c either I'm wrong, or I'm disappointed that I've figured it out. So, I've done the thing that makes the show more enjoyable than anything. I just don't think about it till something happens.

The odd thing about this turn of events is that it's a rare time when Jack who knows less about a situation than someone else. Jack doesn't know that Graham was behind the plots of Season 5. At this point, he still thinks it was Logan, who took the fall, that masterminded it. All Jack seems to know is that his brother is not exactly an upstanding citizen who is possibly working to protect their father from Jack and the government.

And that was enough to get Jack to punch his brother, tie him up with a lamp cord, and then put a plastic bag over his head from behind. For an episode where there were a lot more plot moving agents than action segments, the 5 minutes or so at the end where this took place definitely balanced things out.

Also, we're definitely getting our requisite amount of "drama inside the White House" this episode, and I'll all say is: I know David Palmer, and Wayne Palmer is no David Palmer. That being said, I think he's handling it well and doing a good job of not succumbing to the pressures from more aggressive members of the administration.

So where do we go from here? Well, we're getting Jack's dad in the next episode, the previews gave us that much.

Jack's probably going to do a good amount of torturing Graham, at least in the beginning of the ep, also a positive.

Also, as much as I don't want to look ahead, I want the backstory on this whole thing with Jack and Graham's wife (Marilyn), that just plain looks like fun.

Oh, did I mention that's there's still 4 tactical nukes floating around LA somewhere? Yeah, someone is going to need to find those.....

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I heart Wayne Palmer. I was shocked that Graham was Jack's brother. When Jack started torturing him in his own house with his son upstairs, I crapped my pants. Why is he the biggest badass ever. Also it took him like 7 seconds to decide to torture him. After how many years of this shit he was just like, "Yeah eff it-I'm not wasting any more time." Also the lady that plays Graham's wife is Lois from General Hospital. She's also sometimes on Heroes. WTF she's on every awesome show.

That helicopter on the side of the house was cool. FYI.

Anonymous said...

I'm still claiming Graham's son is really Jack's. He's way taller than Graham and has the same color hair as Jack.

Sarah said...

HOLY CRAP, MATT. If you are right I WILL CRAP MY PANTS RIGHT HERE I AM NOT EVEN KIDDING!!!!