Thursday, September 21, 2006

Can There Be Too Much Down Time?

So you know how I say I look forward to fall b/c of football season, and things like that?

Well, when I wake up an it's 64 degrees in my aparment, I realize I'm full of shit.

So here's the thing. You'd think with the abundance of free time I have, I'd be writing more often. You know, except not.

Problem is, other than some studying, a break to go for a bike ride, another one to maybe play a few video games, and the occassional errands, I don't so much DO anything. Having a ton of free time during the day when you're an undergrad? Pretty cool. Same thing at 27 when everyone else has a real job? Not as much. And yes, I know that I have plenty going on taking my last four classes, and that I'm "accomplishing" something, but still, being home everyday when the mail comes? If this is what my mother felt like when I was growing up, I'm surprised she didn't go insane.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My suggestions to help you fill your day with more meaningful activities:
- Clean your friends apartments so they have more time to hang out with you 'after hours'
- Start a dog walking service, for the same reason mentioned above
- Color coordinate your socks and underware drawers
- Blog more often so that your friends with 'real' jobs have something to do all day
- Practice your dance moves
- Make your Halloween costume
- Start a dating service
- Work on your alcohol tolerence

Sarah said...

Start a dating service!! OMG I can't even imagine what a dating service run by Gordo would be like. There are way too many jokes going through my head at one time right now. So as not to risk angering Gordo, I will not say anything. Except know that I am laughing, Gordo.

Anonymous said...

Sarah, your comment is priceless. That being said...Gibb...do I have any 'matches' yet?