Monday, May 22, 2006

Pistons 79-LeBron 27-Cavs 34

Well, the NBA got the outcome that I couldn't have imagined that it wanted.

LeBron is out of the playoffs.

I hate to sound like just another bitter Cavs fan, complaining about the refs, cursing ABC Sports, and hoping to attend the funeral of Rasheed Wallace during my lifetime just to spit on his grave, but that's what I am right now.

Fact is though, we still had no business being there. Our (alleged) second best player, Larry Hughes was a shell, getting his first significant minutes in over a week after the passing of his brother. Our (supposed) All-Star center pretty much seemed like he was part of a David Copperfield act, considering how many times he disappeared.

And quite frankly, I haven't seen a supporting cast this bad since the last season of the Cosby Show. I mean, really, Cousin Pam=Damon Jones. Neither of them are funny, nor do they bring anything but really odd fashion sense to the table.

The Cleveland Sports Tragedy montage was the epitome of class by ABC. Showing it once before the game wasn't enough. Showing it twice apparently was. If the game producers suddenly end up at the bottom of a lake somewhere, don't be surprised when it's Cleveland natives who end up being responsible.

The really insulting part of that is that those were all games or series that we were supposed to win. This wasn't really even a comparable situation. Yet, ABC decided that punching us in the stomach wasn't enough. They were going to steal our girlfriends and burn down our homes as well.

Hey, how about that Tribe? Oh, they're 22-22 and 7 1/2 games out already? Sweet.

At least I still have the Cardinals. I'm moving to St. Louis. Seriously.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate stupid refs, I hate Sheed, and probably most of all, I hate Drew Gooden for choosing Game 7 as his opportunity to show off his amazing acting ability, I mean seriously, his impression of Corcky Thatcher
from Life Goes on was PRICELESS. Too bad he can't play basketball, while displaying his amazing acting ability.

nice Damon Jones - cousin Pam comparison....priceless...

Drew

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you. I expected this post to contain more death threats, you only wanted to see Sheed and the producers die. You are softening. You need to hang out with the girls more. Nice work.

And I too LOVE teh Cousin Pam reference. LOVE it. -Steph

bevy said...

Ditto on the cousin Pam reference.

This San Antonio girl is not too happy with her hometown team either. Boo for us.